4/18/14

As always, Midwest Gaming Classic was fantastic. Nintendo Age had its own room, and I had my own area for setting up. Couldn't ask for any more than that. I had a great time hanging out with the NA gang, and was thrilled to show the game to anyone that stopped by. I really love the surprised and excited reactions when people are told that a new game is coming to the NES. The pictures of my area are a little blurry, but you get the idea. I also had a poster outside the room's doorway to lure people in.  The laptop was there to show the game's code, in case anyone was interested.  I had a teenager stop by, and for over an hour, we discussed the coding used in Ghosts and Goblins.  He truly amazed me with his deciphering of the line by line code from that game.








With MGC 2014 behind me, I can get back to finishing this game.  As a step in the right direction, I have some exclusive merchandise to show you.  These will be a part of the Limited Edition release.  Take a look at the newly made magnets and the massive battle scene!  The LE's will have 2 magnets (1 good, 1 evil) and the massive battle scene is the size of an NES box (a little less than 5"x7").






Here's what's been happening recently:
  • A bug causing the game to freeze has been FIXED.  I am so relieved that this one is out of there.  If you downloaded the "New Demo" prior to 4/16/14, I recommend redownloading, because that bug is now gone.
  • AI for Dragons has been changed, and as a result, they are quite a bit more aggressive.
  • I have added data that is unique to each level, and level testing is underway by a small army of testers.
  • I finally put in the code to do a cursor refresh when battles begin, so that the current troop is shown in the top Battle Queue position.
  • I had an issue with the cursor getting messed up in World View, and it is now fixed (it happened to be related to the bug that was causing the game to freeze).
  • As I've been telling people at Midwest Gaming Classic, I am quite hopeful that Armed For Battle could be released somewhere around a month from now!

No comments: